Back to Basics- Plain English, Advanced
In the busy communications world there is always demand for the quick completion of well written content that is clearly understood by the intended audience.
Today the writing challenge is harder than ever. Language use is continually changing to accommodate the dynamics of new communications methods, especially social media.
At the same time, there is intensifying demand for us to keep our styles simple and consise.
Plain English is a term increasingly being used to describe everyday basic English writing.
This training by ComAbility will
Will help you take a step back from the busy communications world and help to -
* Understand the demands of language use today.
* Identify the impact of new technology/including social media on your writing.
* Clarify what has changed and what hasn’t changed.
* Review continuing core basics of writing language and style.
* Explore emerging language styles with current best practice and benchmarks.
Who Should Attend? Those with workplace experience and responsiblity for crafting the words in communications, public relations and marketing activities.
Course duration Full day
Date & Time Wednesday 27 June, 9.30 am to 4.45 pm (registration from 9am)
Venue CAE 253 Flinders Lane, Melbourne
Cost $300 including GST. A light lunch will be served