So what’s this got to do with Inclusive communications and engagement?
Effective communications is ultimately about direct engagement with individuals. How can we engage with people if we don’t have a common means to interact? If we don’t make an effort, we can’t hope to bridge any communications gap.
Individuals with differing communications abilities are a natural part of all audiences. The very people we try and communicate with every day. Though it’s not realistic to meet the specific needs of every individual, we can always do better.
Attitude and Awareness
* Open your minds, get into the realities of others.
* Show respect, be open and flexible.
* Learn and understand the most common needs for enhanced
* Familiarise yourself and explore options.
* Affirm your own commitment.
* Co-opt resources and people to help take your commitment towards
* Work for buy-in and resourcing from people who fund and influence
* Reduce confusion by systematically introducing new approaches.
* Seek an in-house starting point. How aware is staff in your
* Conduct an Inclusive Communications Audit. Identify what
communications systems are in place for inclusion of a more
diverse, wider audience. What are your gaps and opportunities?
* Review your corporate Style Guide for inclusion of audiences with
sensory disability, from diverse cultures and or with low ‘English’
* Refresh your brand to meet Inclusive Communications needs.
Engage and Empower
* Put in place your new communications foundations.
* Extend these with a plan for specific strategies and actions.
* Take advantage of the current revolution in communications. Draw
on the many evolving platforms to personalise and meet specific
communication’s styles, interests and needs.
We know that developing and nurturing loyal customers is more cost effective in the long-term than a constant revolving door. Investing in strategies and actions that bridge communications ability gaps, will pay off though repeat business from customers who truly appreciate
your efforts and service.
For those interested in reviewing their existing Style Guide for Inclusion, our current special offer is still available for work
booked/order placed by 7 August. Email me for more information