Introducing a Professional Approach to Inclusive Communications
* Are you Aware that ?
> 40% of the population have either a sensory disability/limitation, are from diverse cultures &/ have
low English literacy?
> It's now mandatory for all Victorian organisations (including private sector) to implement an Equal
Opportunity Action Plan with communications & access to information as natural elements?
> You are missing opportunities to effectively reach these audiences on behalf of your clients?
* Do you include these audiences in your communications strategy, or is someone else from a
‘non-communications’ background doing bits of this?
* Are you responsible for ensuring consistency of in quality and style of organisational
messages, including when delivered to audiences through non-mainstream
communications channels and means?
If not- why not?
How training through ComAbility will help
* Identifies compliance requirements of legislation (Human Rights and Equal Opportunity).
These include communication aspects of positive duty obligations, Equal Opportunity and
Disability Action Plans.
* Introduces the different communications needs of audiences with sensory disability/limitation, from
diverse cultures &/ have low English literacy.
* Identifies the realities and complexity of reaching these audiences.
* Provides strategies for effective integration of these specialist needs alongside core organisation
* Considers the knowledge and skills needed to deliver this communications.
* Awareness and better understanding of the communications needs of these audiences.
* Empowerment to begin to expand your work in this area.
* An ability to identify the skills and resources to meet these communications needs.
Who should attend? Communications, PR and Marketing practioners
Course duration Half day
Date & Time Wednesday 31 October 2012, 9.30am to 12.30pm (registration from 9am)
Venue CAE 253 Flinders Lane, Melbourne
Cost $143 including GST